The first new product launch from Farrington Oils in four years perfectly blends the warm heat of chilli flakes with the gentle aroma of cumin seeds. Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Chilli & Cumin Dressing balances these two flavours to create an aromatic spiced dressing, versatile enough to add a gentle warmth and fragrance to salads or marinades.
Duncan Farrington, the founder of Farrington Oils says that “Our new Chilli & Cumin Dressing is a fantastic addition to our Mellow Yellow range. The chilli flavour is subtle enough to add a pleasant heat to your dishes with a delicious aromatic base. Consumers are increasingly looking for bolder flavours for their cooking and our new dressing answers this need perfectly. Not just for salad, we’ve been enjoying this dressing as a marinade for salmon, it is brilliantly versatile as well as delicious so we’re confident it will quickly become a favourite for our consumers!”
This new dressing is additive-free, gluten-free, vegan and made with Farrington’s cold pressed rapeseed oil which is grown to LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming) Marque Standards. Quality and provenance is of the highest importance, so Farrington’s Mellow Yellow dressings are mixed and bottled on the Farrington’s family farm in Northamptonshire, using the same process home cooks use when making a dressing from scratch. Carefully blended with the finest ingredients, Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Chilli & Cumin Dressing adds a vibrant flavour to any dish from a simple salad to marinated fish.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Chilli & Cumin Dressing is available from Cotswold Fayre in cases of 6 x 250ml.
• Farrington’s Mellow Yellow was founded by fourth-generation farmer Duncan Farrington. After returning to the family farm in Northamptonshire following University and realising that a medium sized arable farm would be not be able to sustain his family for further generations, he went back to his University research on cold pressed rapeseed oil and a passion was awoken for the fantastic health and culinary benefits packed into the tiny seeds. Duncan became the UK’s first seed-to-bottle producer of cold pressed rapeseed oil when he launched Farrington’s Mellow Yellow in 2005.
• Following the success of their cold pressed rapeseed oil, Duncan’s wife Eli created a range of gluten-free and additive-free dressings and mayonnaises based on the oil, all of which have gone on to win Great Taste awards amongst other accolades.
• Farrington’s Mellow Yellow range includes: Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil, Classic Vinaigrette, Honey & Mustard Dressing, Balsamic Dressing, Chilli Oil, Mayonnaise and Garlic Mayonnaise.
• LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming) is a farm assurance system showing that food has been grown sustainably with care for the environment, visit https://leafuk.org.
• For more information on Farrington Oils, visit www.farrington-oils.co.uk