Cotswold Fayre’s festive activity is well underway! The company’s Christmas Launch events have offered a great opportunity for retailers to meet suppliers face to face and offer an exclusive chance to try the full range of products in preparation for stocking up for the Christmas period.
Paul Hargreaves, chief executive at fine food distributor Cotswold Fayre, has seen a number of trends emerging across the events, and believes that consumers are looking for products that are genuinely seasonal and offer something different from the norm.
We asked Paul for his thoughts on the top selling Christmas products so far:
1) The Daily Chocolate - Chocolate Teapot: this product has really caught our customer’s imagination this year. Fine Italian chocolate offering a range of fun, but tasty, gift options for friends and family. Available from September 17 2018. 4x400g £44.35 per case, RRP £19.95.
2) Ministers of Taste: includes some of the nation’s best-known and well-loved food and drink gifting products including biscuits, preserves, chutney, teas, confectionery and cake. Customers have absolutely loved this collection, placing large orders right across the range. Available to pre-order now for a September 2018 delivery date.
3) Classic Wheels: based on a retro principle this range includes a number of classic car themed gifts. With delicious Belgian chocolate bars, thins and truffles on offer, it’s proven to be a popular choice for men’s gifting. Available from September 3 2018.
4) Dean’s Steven Brown Collector’s Edition: featuring iconic Steven Brown Art images, this Christmas Dean’s has launched a range of beautifully presented gift tins containing melt in the mouth all butter shortbread. Great for creating eye-catching instore displays – and these tins may even become collector’s items too! Available in two sizes from October 22 2018: 6x160g £27.30 per case, RRP £6.85 and 6x500g £50.20 per case, RRP £12.55.
5) La Giardiniera di Morgan: the ideal accompaniment this Christmas, this range of crunchy, brightly coloured and flavoursome pickled vegetables look spectacular and create a good centre piece for a retailer’s display. Available from September 17 2018.
Christmas is without doubt the biggest trading period of the year for fine food manufacturers, as retailers seek to excite their customers with differentiated festive products, for customers to enjoy themselves and for gifting.
“When Christmas shopping, particularly for a gift, customers don’t want to pick-up something that they could have bought anytime in the year nor do they believe that adding a bit of holly to the packaging makes it a festive gift.”
Cotswold Fayre’s Christmas range continues to expand year on year and now includes more than 900 products across 150 suppliers selected from the UK and overseas.
There’s still time to catch up with the team, to help pre-plan your seasonal proposition – if you would like to book an appointment with a member of the Cotswold Fayre Regional Field Sales Team to place a Christmas order, call today on: 03452 606060.
Points of Contact
Phone: 03452 606060
Please contact Lynne or Naomi at Escapade on 0118 9668775 or email email@example.com