Every other year, Cotswold Fayre hosts The Speciality Food Charity Ball to raise money for our project in Africa - Bala Children's Centre. 2018 will be our fourth event at which all money raised (over £100,000 to date) have funded various agri-businesses. The plan is eventually that profits from these businesses will entirely fund the running costs of the orphanage and two schools in this aids-ravaged and poor area of Western Kenya.
With the funds from the first Charity Ball, Cotswold Fayre set up a farm with the view of this being the first of several agri-businesses to fund the £7,000 monthly running costs of the centre. That includes feeding and educating 300 children and accommodating 80-100.
The monies raised at previous events have funded the following:
- Dairy Farm, now a growing herd of 20+ cows
- Horticulture Project, cultivation outside and two greenhouses growing kale, tomatoes, beans etc.
- Water Project, drinking water for centre and local village (although this is currently on hold – we struck water but it is very salty and requires a treatment plant, which we can’t fund yet)
- Electricity, for the primary school and dorms – knock-on effect, the whole village now has electricity
- Securing extra land for the farm and boundary fences to protect from hippos!
- And recently a Chicken Farm
This year we are hoping to raise even more to put towards the cost of the classroom renovations that are required by demand of the council!
We would like to invite YOU to join us in supporting a very worthy cause.
As well as a worthy cause and a fun evening, this event is a superb networking opportunity for anyone in the speciality food world.
DATE : Friday 6th July 2018
VENUE : De Vere Wokefield Estate
Mansion House, Maple Suite
Goodboys Lane, Reading RG7 3AE
o Individual tickets = £125 +VAT
o Group of four tickets = £450 +VAT
o Table of ten tickets = £1,000 +VAT
Ticket price includes:
- Drinks reception
- Three course dinner, followed by coffee
- Entertainment throughout the evening
- Auction and raffle
- Music until late
o Headline Sponsor = £3,500 +VAT
o Drinks Reception Sponsor = £2,000 +VAT (This cost does not include corkage)
o Decoration Sponsor = £2,000 +VAT
o Entertainment Sponsor = £2,000 +VAT
o Programme Sponsor = £2,000 +VAT
o Auction Sponsor = £2,000 +VAT
o Table Wine Sponsor = £2,000 +VAT (This cost does not include corkage)
To reserve accommodation please call the venues reservations team: 0118 933 4100 - quoting ‘Cotswold Fayre Group’ Or reserve your room online via booking.com.